The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development-based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B. Voc.) This degree offers multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. B. Voc. program is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad-based general education. This would enable the graduates to complete B. Voc. To make meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs, and creating appropriate knowledge.
This Vocational Educational Program is being implemented for the first time in India with a focus on job-specific skills rather than providing only a broad-based education. The aim is to enable the students to learn the skill by engaging in on-the-job training at the real shop floor of the industry/company along with classroom theoretical training. Through this "Earn, while you Learn" approach model, the trainee may also earn a modest stipend during on-the-job duration of the course.
1. To provide a judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
2. To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills so that they are work-ready at each exit point of the program.
3. To provide flexibility to the students using pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
4. To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
5. The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree Hotel Management.
Considering the work-integrated approach adopted by the industry will be open to employing the students attached with them for training as full-time employees. We can assist in placements after completion of the course.
The Vocational course is a three-year program that consists of a combination of Practical, Theory courses. The three-year program will be divided into 6 semesters; 2 semesters per year.
After Finishing 1st year, Diploma will be awarded, 2nd year will be Advance Diploma & 3rd year Degree will be awarded.